Interested in working with the Southwestern Railroad team? Contact us today. Currently the following positions are available:
The Roadmaster position is required to safely and efficiently inspect, repair, and maintain the railroad track infrastructure to insure safe and efficient service to our customers. Directly supervises and indirectly supervises two or more employees in the Maintenance of Way Department. Responsible for the oversight of both the maintenance and repair activities surrounding the Maintenance of Way function. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting in the hiring process of MOW employees, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school education or general education development (GED).
- Higher education or university program certificate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in railroad management or the combination of supervisory experience and training in a course in track maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple work crews simultaneously both directly and indirectly.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to write legibly.
- Must be able to perform duties that require heavy lifting.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must have the ability to recognize problems.
- Must have knowledge of and be able apply the Roadway Protection Rules.
- Must have a broad understanding of railroad operations.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to apply the FRA Track Safety Standards.
- Must have experience in operating railroad equipment.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic math and calculate figures.
- Must have the ability to perform duties without direct supervision.
- Must have familiarity with employment practices.
- Must have familiarity with applicable governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage contractors.
- Experience in capital planning.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience in interactions with governmental agencies.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Wage Negotiable BOE
- Full Benefits
Email us at email@example.com or call (575-561-0988) today for more information on railroad careers. We look forward to hearing from you!